Baja photos and comments about Pbase photo hosting site

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave C

Contributor
Reaction score
I posted some uw photos of the Cabo area in Baja California Mexico in one of my Pbase photo galleries: http://www.pbase.com/dave_clausen/baja_california_mexico_underwater
These pics were all taken by snorkeling about three years ago and were some of my earliest attempts at uw digital photography. Looking back at them now, a few turned out surprisingly well considering my lack of knowledge. I immediately got better photos than I ever did with years of dabbling with film cameras.

I have only had a Pbase account for about a month, and I am gradually adding pictures from trips I have taken. I am pretty happy with Pbase as a photo hosting site. The cost is just $23 per year for 300 meg of space, there are no ads to clutter the screen, it's easy to use and to upload photos, I like the relatively simple presentation, and it's free for anyone to look at the photos without registering. The user can choose from several different image sizes to view each photo. My only complaints (relatively minor) are (1) There is no slide show function, so you have to click "next" all the time to see all the photos, and (2) I wish Pbase would set up subdivisions by topic so all the underwater/scuba galleries by all the photographers could be listed together. I have seen this done on other photo hosting sites. Right now, the only way to get a listing of most underwater galleries is by doing a cumbersome search using key words such as "underwater" or "diving" and hope that the photographer put these words somewhere in his/her gallery name.

The photo below is of a school of yellowtail surgeonfish at Playa Chileno near Cabo:
large.jpg

Back
Top Bottom