Baja California Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim,

I shot 7 rolls of film when I was in Lorteo. I guess I better go to the store and buy more film.

BTW, a buddy of mine who was on this trip with us has a digital camera. He has made a CD for all of us that went on the trip so I am hoping to get my copy in the next week or so. Supposedly his pics are really great, according to his dive buddy.

I dived out of the Loreto resort with a group of divers from DC.

The resort is right on the beach and the dive shop and operation professional. Baja, Mexico diving is not Caribbean diving...the water off of Loreto is warm 70 to 80 degrees F. The bottom is mostly boulders and rocks...very little Caribbean style coral reefs, walls etc. The fish life is abundant and we did see some of the larger palegic life...groups of porpoises and one small group of orcas...both very shy and elusive.

I do recommend the inland drive up the dusty road to see the old Mission (built in the 1600's) and still standing in a mountainous valley.

As mentioned on the site, Loreto itself is a quiet town with many shops that cater to tourism etc. A large population of Americans live in and near Loreto

Have fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom