Bahamas Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rexman24

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Heading to the Bahamas for a diving trip 5/11.

Doing the shark dive with Stuart Cove, already read lots of posts about this, thanks for all the info.

Anyone know cheap places in Nassau to stay? drink?

Taking the ferry over to Eleuthera-Harbour Island.

Anyone dived with Valentines dive shop? or have experince with Eleuthera diving?

I know the current cut dive is a highly touted high speed drift dive.

If you're not looking for all the bells and whistles you can try the Towne Hotel in downtown Nassau. I stayed there the beginning of February for $75/night. It's in need of a refurbishing but it was clean.

If you do stay there the bus driver from Stuart Cove's is going to try and drop you off at the end of the street rather than drive up the hill. It's a one way street so they have to go around the block to continue on their route. We let them gat away with it the first day because we were storing most of our gear at the dive op. The second day when we had all of our gear with us we made them drive up the hill.

There's a McDonalds within walking distance as well as several other restaurants that were pretty good. The hotel restaurant wasn't bad either. We ate there one night when we were too tired to bother going out.

I've got some dive photos from the trip in my gallery if you're interested.

Back
Top Bottom