Bahamas Diving need some ideas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fire5man

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Been checking out Bahamas Diving Association, and their video site. I have never been so excited thinking about a vacation. If you have seen any of my other post you many know that I am off to the Sandals Resort in the Bahamas in October.

As I review the site with the wife to be, she is just paid for all of her dive lessons. We see there is diving with dolphins. The video shows an open water dive via The dolphin facility at Sanctuary Bay that is about two miles east of Port Lucaya. I am not sure where that is in relation to where I am staying but I am wondering if anyone had done the dive and if its worth it. If done with another company please let me know.

I am still having a hard time tracking down information about the sandals resorts diving program and what options are available.

Can't Wait!!!!!

Been checking out Bahamas Diving Association, and their video site. I have never been so excited thinking about a vacation. If you have seen any of my other post you many know that I am off to the Sandals Resort in the Bahamas in October.

As I review the site with the wife to be, she is just paid for all of her dive lessons. We see there is diving with dolphins. The video shows an open water dive via The dolphin facility at Sanctuary Bay that is about two miles east of Port Lucaya. I am not sure where that is in relation to where I am staying but I am wondering if anyone had done the dive and if its worth it. If done with another company please let me know.

I am still having a hard time tracking down information about the sandals resorts diving program and what options are available.

Can't Wait!!!!!

I've not done the dolphin dive, but I usually dive with UNEXSO when in Freeport. They do the dolphin dive, dolphin experience as well as a shark dive. I've done the shark dive and it was AWSOME. I'm sure they do as great a job with the dolphin dive.

If your wife to be will need to complete her checkout dives, UNEXSO is a great dive op to do it with. Their instructor staff is top flight.

Please do a trip report when you get back and let us know your experiences.

Hope this helps

:D

I just got back from the Bahamas yesterday. We didn't do the dolphin dive, simply because of the price, but I spoke with many who did, all of whom said it was well worth it.

Also, I'm not quite sure where the Sandals resort is located, but if you'll be anywhere near port Lucaya, it would be in your interest to look up Fred Riger with Grand Bahama Scuba. We had a fantastic experience with him and his wife, and loved every dive we went on.

Regardless of the company you choose to dive with, I highly recommend diving Duncan's Wreck (an awesome artificial reef sitting at about 100 ft), and the shark dive. They were both breathtaking.

Have fun on your vacation, and just stay away from downtown Freeport. We found out the hard way that it tends to be kind of a sketchy area. And go to Shenanegan's Irish Pub in port Lucaya between 4 and 7 for their happy hour special! You can get a pint of draft beer for 4.50 - Best Deal on the island!!!

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom