Bahamas closes again to flights from the US

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for letting us know. From the link you provided:

"One of the most drastic updates he is making, effective Wednesday July 22, 2020, is to ban ALL international flights except for those coming from Canada, the UK and nations within the EU. "

Seems like a mistake to leave entry from the UK open...
They probably will close if the daily new UK cases goes back over 1000. But if you close UK, you close most/all of Europe and UK appears to be mostly under control for the time being with cases declining and no spikes after the Relaxed lockdown window.

Wow - they ain't messing around I just wonder how realistic we can all be.....

Thanks for letting us know. From the link you provided:

"One of the most drastic updates he is making, effective Wednesday July 22, 2020, is to ban ALL international flights except for those coming from Canada, the UK and nations within the EU. "
Not that I would do it, but are they banning US citizens or if one were let’s say to fly from US through Toronto.... or Catalonia through UK... would they be allowed an entrance? Kind of defeats the purpose if that is the case.

Not that I would do it, but are they banning US citizens or if one were let’s say to fly from US through Toronto.... or Catalonia through UK... would they be allowed an entrance? Kind of defeats the purpose if that is the case.
You would likely get the usual ( where have you been in the last 14 days) which you can’t hide from passport stamp and will be put back on the returning plane as the airline shouldn’t have let you on in the first place...

‘so in essence you would have to come up with an intricate set of lies/likely forged passport :)

Unless... you had and can fly on 2 passports with dual nationality... say you had no luggage (So the origin tags weren’t flagged) you flew from the US to Toronto on a US passport...made a break for it in Toronto past the last customs collector and entered the arrivals hall as opposed to staying in transit..didn’t get arrested and then checked in for the flight on a separate uk passport and lied and said that you had been in Toronto for over 2 weeks ( as long as you had a perm residency card)... that might work... you could get there with what you have in carryon luggage.. the illegal entry to a country, breaking quarantine laws in Canada and lying to border control in 2 separate countries might get you some time if you were caught...but I’d be interested to see if you can get away with it..

Unless... you had and can fly on 2 passports with dual nationality... say you had no luggage (So the origin tags weren’t flagged) you flew from the US to Toronto on a US passport...made a break for it in Toronto past the last customs collector and entered the arrivals hall as opposed to staying in transit..didn’t get arrested and then checked in for the flight on a separate uk passport and lied and said that you had been in Toronto for over 2 weeks ( as long as you had a perm residency card)... that might work... you could get there with what you have in carryon luggage.. the illegal entry to 2 countries and lying to border control in 2 separate countries might get you some time if you were caught...but I’d be interested to see if you can get away with it..

Damn you're good. There's a movie plot in here - Covid fugitive?

Back
Top Bottom