Bag "N Drag Cost from Cancun to Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

montanagal

Registered
Reaction score
I am wondering what does it cost for the bus and ferry, when you do the bag 'n drag from Cancun to Coz? Have found a great deal on Air Tran for $388RT Portland to Cancun in October. Also, has anyone ever flown on Air Tran and how was it?

The El Cheapo way is to go by bus from the airport to the ferry terminal (about $8) and then ferry to Coz is about $13 (155 pesos in March of this year). Be sure your flight arrives when the bus lines are running. Otherwise you will need to book a limo and that runs about $50. These prices are not exact...just approximate from memory to give you some idea. An alternative is a nice little airline called Maya Air that flies from Cancun to Coz and the cost is just under $50 each way. It only runs about every two hours however, so the schedule might not work for your travel plans and it does have a weight limit for baggage.

The bag drag is no big deal and will take about 3 extra hours to get to Cozumel.Airtran runs a nice little airline in fact I am flying with them next week BWI to Cun.The only issue is trying to get a later flight out of Cun on the return so you don't have to sweat the return bus and ferry ride.

Thumbs up for the airline and personally I had a very easy time bag dragging over to the island. Cost me about 20 American in total I think.

The bag drag is no big deal and will take about 3 extra hours to get to Cozumel.Airtran runs a nice little airline in fact I am flying with them next week BWI to Cun.The only issue is trying to get a later flight out of Cun on the return so you don't have to sweat the return bus and ferry ride.

Thank you all for info. The flight arrives into Cancun on a Sunday at 3:30pm and leaves Cancun on a Thursday at 1:50pm. How late does the buses run on Sunday?

I am wondering what does it cost for the bus and ferry, when you do the bag 'n drag from Cancun to Coz? Have found a great deal on Air Tran for $388RT Portland to Cancun in October. Also, has anyone ever flown on Air Tran and how was it?

I do the Airtran run BWI to CUN mostly. If you are looking for cheap, ferry and bus is cool. If money isn't a big issue, we get a private van set up ahead of time on the way down for around $50 plus tip. Then on the way back we catch the Mayair flight from CZM to CUN. Flight is like 15 minutes and you don't go through all the hassles of feeling rushed for 1.5 hours or more on the bus and ferry.

If you take Mayair, they will van you to your departure terminal at CUN. While not recommended, I have jumped the 1100 flight and to make the 1300 Airtran. It was close but not too bad. If you go Mayair, don't just buy a ticket, use the chat function and negotiate the best price. I think I paid 45-50 a ticket in February. If you figure you have 20 something in the bus and ferry, it seem like an easy choice. You do need to be caution if you bring a ton of heavy luggage. Oh and you may have to hold a chicken crate on your lap. ok... I made that last part up....

I think it was December Airtran cancelled a flight on us on the way home for fog in BWI. I got out of the airport as fast as I could and grabbed a Lomas travel guy (they work with or are part of Mayair) and within an hour or so, we were back at Ohana eating deep dish. Tried again the next day and made it home.

If everything went perfect you might make the 6 PM ferry but will probably have to settle for the 7 PM.You will probably have time to stop and have a drink at Senor Frog's while you wait for the ferry.

If everything went perfect you might make the 6 PM ferry but will probably have to settle for the 7 PM.You will probably have time to stop and have a drink at Senor Frog's while you wait for the ferry.

It always seems, no matter the arrival time, we watch the ferry pull out as we walk down. Last time as we walking the straight away, I saw people had already boarded so I was giving up and preparing to kill an hour at Senor Frog. Next thing I know there is a ferry guy by the gate yelling at us to hurry and they held the ferry a minute to get us ticketed and on.

Also if you do the ferry, DON'T buy round trip. There are two ferry companies that alternate trips across and switch times on different day. You always want to show an buy the ticket to make sure you get the next ferry.

Here is useful info on the process:

Cancun Airport to Playa del Carmen/Cozumel by ADO Bus

Your flight schedule is fine for the bus and ferry. I suggest buying your return ADO bus ticket at least the day before. The office was on the ferry dock...easy to find by one of the ferry ticket offices (small cubicle sized "office").

As others have said, the travel from Cancun to Cozumel is fairly easy and inexpensive. The buses out of the Cancun airport to Playa run about every 40 minutes, and are comfortable and cheap. Once you arrive into Playa the bus drops you off about three blocks from the ferry pier, and there are tricyclo guys waiting to help you with your bags if you wish. They work for tips, and a couple of bucks per bag seems fairly standard. I would suggest that you plan on being on the 9am ferry heading back to Playa. That gives you plenty of time to wait for the next bus and get to the airport a couple of hours ahead of your flight home.

Back
Top Bottom