Bag Drag from Cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jgaryclark

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Heading to the island this weekend. On prior trips I've always flown directly into Cozumel. Any advice on getting from Cancun to Playa to catch the ferry? Looking for reputable transportation company at a good value. 4 of us coming in around 3pm on Saturday. Any recommendations greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Heading to the island this weekend. On prior trips I've always flown directly into Cozumel. Any advice on getting from Cancun to Playa to catch the ferry? Looking for reputable transportation company at a good value. 4 of us coming in around 3pm on Saturday. Any recommendations greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
If you search this forum for "bag drag" you will find a wealth of information.

Just did that over 4th of July. I use Jhonny from American Transfers $45 each way in a nice van or suburban. I’ve used him on 3 trips and service was great and other divers on Scubaboard use him too. Book with him over What’s App +52 (998) 201 1720.

ADO is what i have always used. but i was solo or just with the wife. you could grab a mini van taxi. perhaps with the 4 splitting to cost it might be a better option. would def be quicker than the bus.

ADO is cheap and relatively easy, but for four people with luggage, you might consider some private or semi-private transportation. SupperShuttle usually has decent prices.

You didn't mention which airline you're flying. For the majors like American, Delta, and United, you'll fly into Terminal 3. It's pretty hard to get lost there. For the secondary/cheap airlines like Frontier, Southwest, and Spirit, you'll come into Terminal 4. They do stupid things in T4, like paint the doors so it looks like you're walking into a dead end, almost forcing you to stop and ask the touts for directions. But the key piece is the last left turn to commercial transportation, versus going straight out to friends and families. They now have a guard at that point to herd the tourists in the right direction, but if you miss that turn, you're out with the REALLY aggressive touts.

Here's a video from Terminal 4.

I take the ADO bus if it's just me or a van transfer with American if I'm with other people.

american-transfers.jpg

If you are 4 people, nothing beats a private pick up and transfer, in my opinion. I have used these guys and had a great experience. Waiting for you when you come out of the terminal, walk right into an air conditioned van and directly to the Playa Del Carmen ferry. Easy as can be and only $52 for all 4 of you. Playa del Carmen Airport Transfers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom