Bad Air ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IndyScott

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just got my tanks filled at a quarry that just bought a new compressor. When they were getting filled the owner was telling someone else that the person who he bought it from did not install it for him and he had to do it him self with out knowledge of how to do it.. I think I am going to drain my tanks and get them refilled at a padi dive store.

Has anybody ever got bad air or C02 in the air?

I would have asked if he had the air tested after he installed it. And I would want to see the results.

Dumping air and getting it from a reliable and trustworthy place is well worth the peace of mind it will give you (and maybe your life).

omar

Omar and I actually agree on something... listen to the man, ICURock!

For what it costs...dump it if you want. However, most of the divesites in the area have lots of divers on any weekend resulting in hundreds if not thousands of diving hours. If the air was bad there would be dead people all over the quarry. Which quarry was it? Did they install it or build it? installation is not much more than setting it down and plugging it in. Most of the quarry owners around here have someone do their compressor work for them. Anyone selling breathing air should have it tested before using the system and periodically after that. We have our air tested quarterly and of course if major work is done on the machine. And of course the best test of all..I dive more of my air than anyone. We post the certificate at the fill station and have the actual test data available if anyone wants to see it. When in doubt ask.

Back
Top Bottom