Backplate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

letterboy

I'm the reasonable one
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Does anybody know the manufacturer of this plate and or if it will work with the OMS or Halycon SMB Holder/pouch?

Thanks

jhbryaniv:
Does anybody know the manufacturer of this plate and or if it will work with the OMS or Halycon SMB Holder/pouch?

Thanks

Looks like an "Abyss" to me. Don't know if it's compatible with accessories made by others, I'd guess not.

Tobin

jhbryaniv:

Thanks

It is an Abyss. One of them will probably work. Just get the dimension of the distance between the pouches' attachment points and see if you have corresponding holes. There is some
"play."

evad:
Have you ever drilled stainless? Its painful.
so you are saying that this is a ss bp? i never thought about it much, i bought it before i started reading posts. i wanted to dive doubles and my dive shop told me i needed a bp with my wing and that was what he had. i just thought it was painted steel becauce its heavier than al. oh yea, one more thing, id like to use this with a continual webbing harness, anyone see any problems before i buy the parts?

idratherbediving:
so you are saying that this is a ss bp? i never thought about it much, i bought it before i started reading posts. i wanted to dive doubles and my dive shop told me i needed a bp with my wing and that was what he had. i just thought it was painted steel becauce its heavier than al.

Pretty sure Abyss sold SS plates. Painted steel would be brown and rusty PDQ.

Tobin

idratherbediving:
so you are saying that this is a ss bp? i never thought about it much, i bought it before i started reading posts. i wanted to dive doubles and my dive shop told me i needed a bp with my wing and that was what he had. i just thought it was painted steel becauce its heavier than al. oh yea, one more thing, id like to use this with a continual webbing harness, anyone see any problems before i buy the parts?

Yes. If it weighs five pounds, its powder-coated SS. I've got one. I don't know if they made an AL one. I think there are no problems with the standard harness. Its wonderful once you sort it out. With the larger smooth slots on the Abyss, you can put triglides on the straps to keep everything from riding up then when you release the waist-strap, you get the slack between the plate and D-ring. This works great.

evad:
With the larger smooth slots on the Abyss, you can put triglides on the straps to keep everything from riding up then when you release the waist-strap, you get the slack between the plate and D-ring. This works great.

Don't the triglides tend to slide through the larger slots? Which sorta defeats the purpose of the triglides.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom