Backplate/wings weight system advice needed.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheQuintessentialMan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Right now I use the Scubapro (SP) soft weight system on my SP BP/W and it's kind of bulky for the amount of weight I typically need. Typically I don't use it, the Al back plate and trim weights are enough but planning a blue water so added them back (sadly I don't do a lot of blue water.) A second issue, and the reason I wear trim weights high on my shoulders, is I don't float very well, my legs tend to sink bobbing me straight up like a dive flag pole. That was the main reason I switched to BP/W. Recently (due mostly to age I guess) I've started wearing more neoprene which helps a bit. Does anyone make a system like the Scubapro but is more compact, or better yet, a similar dump-able soft weight system that will fit under the wings higher on the back plate balancing the weight more with the flotation?

If you don't need a lot of weight, a couple of simple trim weight pouches on your waist belt should do the trick. Hard weights will be easier to pop out if you need to ditch them.

Right after I posted this someone pointed out a Zeagle system in another discussion, that attaches directly to the back plate. Think I'm going to give it a try. Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom