Backplate and wing (Xdeep Zen) accessories/customization tips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kleinson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi back plate and wing divers. I was curious if anyone have done any customization or how you've set up your accessories with your backplate and wing?
I just went from jacket style to back plate and wing and obviously now trying to modify my BCD setup to work for all my accessories without any built in pockets etc.

Any tips or pictures of your setup is welcome.

Cheers!

Buy some 1/4" - 6mm bungee cord. I have a DSMB bungeed on the right, and a snorkel bungeed on the left. Two items I rarely use, but want on me. I have a spool clipped to the bottom right corner on a double ender.

Joining a spool and DSMB underwater isnt a big deal. Having them connected and clipped to the tail D ring is a more standad configuration, but for the diving I do it's annoying, and they get beat up by the way my rig gets handled.

You just need to figure out what works for the diving you do. If you shore dive, or send the SMB up on every dive, then my configuration will drive you mad.

Buy some 1/4" - 6mm bungee cord. I have a DSMB bungeed on the right, and a snorkel bungeed on the left. Two items I rarely use, but want on me. I have a spool clipped to the bottom right corner on a double ender.

Joining a spool and DSMB underwater isnt a big deal. Having them connected and clipped to the tail D ring is a more standad configuration, but for the diving I do it's annoying, and they get beat up by the way my rig gets handled.

You just need to figure out what works for the diving you do. If you shore dive, or send the SMB up on every dive, then my configuration will drive you mad.
Bungee cords are smart. I have some laying around that I never used too. I use a large D ring to carry my fold up snorkel but trying to figure out where to put my spare mask, writing slate, and SMB now since I use to have spare mask and slate in BCD pockets...

You can get SMB pockets to go on your waist band if you need easy access to it and don't like it on your tail D ring.

Carying a spare mask is tech territory. Use a thigh pocket or tech shorts for that.

Hi back plate and wing divers. I was curious if anyone have done any customization or how you've set up your accessories with your backplate and wing?
I just went from jacket style to back plate and wing and obviously now trying to modify my BCD setup to work for all my accessories without any built in pockets etc.

Any tips or pictures of your setup is welcome.

Cheers!
It depends on what accessories you are diving with. I see many divers who are diving a traditional jacket style who carry far too much crap with them. Hence the term Christmas trees.

If I am diving single tank BM, I carry my smb with spool and a light. The smb gets clipped off using the double ender and my light is clipped to the shoulder d-ring. I use either innertube or bungee on the harness to keep the light from being a dangly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom