Backpad for oxycheq small BP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikadoWu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I picked up a couple of the oxycheq small aluminum BP from NESS. Fitting them up on the girls today and they where curious about a backpad for them. Has anyone seen and or know where I could get a couple?

If not, I will call NESS Monday...

Thanks.

I never thought a back pad was really necessary with a backplate.

-Z

I picked up a couple of the oxycheq small aluminum BP from NESS. Fitting them up on the girls today and they where curious about a backpad for them. Has anyone seen and or know where I could get a couple?

If not, I will call NESS Monday...

Thanks.

Call Cave Adventurers, Oxycheq is based right up the street from them in Marianna and they may have some in stock

Personally, I rather agree with @Zef and don't use a pad myself, but I've also been considering this as a future option for my wife.

I don't know if there are any "short plate pads" out there, but I haven't seen any.... The best option I've been considering, should I need to go that route, is a bit of neoprene cut from an old wetsuit, probably 3mm or 5mm, though 7 would be possible too. Could measure the "wrap" from the back to front, over the edge, to the perimeter holes, and add that to a tracing of the plate itself. Secure with Zip ties or install grommets and use the typical Assembly Screws (sex bolts, book bolts, whatever...same same).

Edit to add: If you don't have an old wetsuit worthy of sacrifice, I'm sure one could be found at your local LDS or craigslist for super cheap.... probably less than an actual backplate pad at retail prices....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom