Backpacking / travelling with underwater camera gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laurent C

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi everyone,
Apologies if this has been discussed but I haven't found an answer to my question in the forum despite looking.
I am still pretty new to uw photography and just got most of my first uw camera set-up with an Olympus TG6, PT-059 housing, UWL-H100 and dome along with one flexible arm for a S&S YS01 strobe.
I will fly to Philippines in two weeks for a mix of diving (30%-40%) and other activities (60%-70%) and I was wondering how do you guys manage to travel with your camera gear, especially how to protect the dome and lenses, which look very fragile. We will be travelling between islands for 2 weeks so I cannot go with something too chunky / heavy. Ideally, I would like to find a way to keep my gear in some sort of padded case, so it can go in my hand luggage while flying and main backpack while travelling. I would rather not use a chuncky hardcase or rolling backpack/luggage as it would make travelling/backpacking quite a hassle. Has anyone have any recommendations?

Also stupid question but do you keep the lens attached to the dome while travelling?

Thanks,
Laurent

Back
Top Bottom