Back Up Gauges

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Who makes the smallest and nicest analog depth and air pressure gauges. Im setting up my first scuba reg and will be using a vt4 computer but would like backup analog gauges but i don't like the idea of a bunch of stuff hanging off of me so the smaller the better.

Unless you go to a wireless transmitter & a computer with your gauges,.... what you are describing can't really be possible. I typically dive a wireless transmitter, 2 computers & a pressure guage, so I have my back ups with not much more than a regular OW set- up.

I personally do not see the need for "back up" gauges.
I assume people monitor thier air during a dive.....well you look at your gauge and you see it has not moved/failed/broken/eaten by a shark. You will not die. You will end the dive and make a normal assent.
I do however have an AI computer and an analogue gauge but in the years I have been diving, this setup has only been for the last 12 months.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom