Back to in in Cuba - GoAnywherePhoto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GoAnywherePhoto

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello there,

My name is Jon and I am currently stationed in Cuba and going through my Open Water Basic. I've been certified before in Guam in 2003, but I was deployed and on the move so I never got my paperwork sent in to PADI and it was no longer on file when I got here. Either way, I only did a couple dives right after that with my temp card until now, but after this long it is probably good to start from scratch anyway. Call it an intensive refresher. :wink:

I've been snorkeling since 1999 when I got to spend a week on Eluthera in the Bahamas to study Marine Biology. Since then I dove a bit in Guam and one dive in Pattaya Beach, Thailand. I've also gotten to snorkel in Guam over the course of several years, Hawaii, and the Red Sea in Jordan.

Here in Cuba I've been doing a whole bunch of snorkeling and a bit of spearfishing with the pole spear. I've laid waist to a handful of lionfish already and ate my first one last night - beer battered and deep fried. Very tasty. :cool2:

I also just got my GoPro camera in the mail the other day and am hoping to get the goforfocus.com flat lens in the mail tomorrow so I can go get in the water with it.

Jon
GoAnywherePhoto

Not sure how I managed this. I tried to edit the title on my thread and wound up with two and can't find any way to delete this post. Sorry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom