BACK PRESSURE SETTING FOR A BAUER CAPITANO 6 CUFT 3 stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NAM001

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Looking for the proper BP setting for the compressor to run ballanced. Does any one have that info.

Also i have a fiilter tower about 30 " tall and perphaps 4 " OD It takes about a 28" long filter cartridge. what is min dwell time I should have for the 6 cfm compressor. For those that use it what back pressure do you run on the output of the filter stacks. I currently have about 2300 BP on the final moisture separator and am manually controlling the tank fill rate keeping the filter above 2300# untill I get a BPR put on it or the whip. Im open to a multiple of ideas

Thanks

Back pressure is 150bar/2175psi for all compressors. But that's to make sure the filters can do their job and don't saturate while on a lower pressure (e.g. when you start filling a near empty tank without a PMV after the last filter).

These are the standard Bauer filterhousings:
Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 10.21.35 AM.png

6cfm is about 170l/min so a P21 filter (standard for Capitano) will do the job.

Picture of the filterhousing?

Back pressure is 150bar/2175psi for all compressors. But that's to make sure the filters can do their job and don't saturate while on a lower pressure (e.g. when you start filling a near empty tank without a PMV after the last filter).

These are the standard Bauer filterhousings:
View attachment 607226
6cfm is about 170l/min so a P21 filter (standard for Capitano) will do the job.

Picture of the filterhousing?
Im not using a P21 i am using a 3rd party filter that is about 30 inches tall. so based on that I should have plenty of dwell time for the filter stack. here is a pic of the filter. I have a second I plan to add to it,,,,,,,,first one x-13 and the other with a ;multi x-13 monxicon and carbon It is about 4" diameter and it is an aero soemthing filter. My filter may be compatable more with the p 41 or P60 size

20200825_043411[1].jpg

That's for sure more than needed. What's inside, what does the cartridge look like?

upload_2020-8-25_19-33-4.png
looks something like this about 28 inches tall 1/2 to 2/3 x-13 perhaps 1/6 monoxicon. and 1/3 AC. this one pictrured appears to have 2/3 x-13 and 1/3 AC

teh filter vessel is an alti robbins adn strands abour 30 inches tall

here is a perhaps a better pic of the cartridge only it has a pipe coming out of he botton like the post above

upload_2020-8-25_19-39-28.png

you still want a PMV about 2000psi to remove as much water (via compression) as you can with your separators

you still want a PMV about 2000psi to remove as much water (via compression) as you can with your separators
mine is currently at about 2200. I was looking for bauer specs as to what psi should be set to make the compressor run ballanced. IUf its 1900 than using 2k - 2200 is no big deal. but if it is say 2400 then I want ot raise the pmv setting to make it run ballanced and further enhance the moisture separation withte higher back pressure.

mine is currently at about 2200. I was looking for bauer specs as to what psi should be set to make the compressor run ballanced. IUf its 1900 than using 2k - 2200 is no big deal. but if it is say 2400 then I want ot raise the pmv setting to make it run ballanced and further enhance the moisture separation withte higher back pressure.
that is close enough, the tiny change in PMV setting is overshadowed by ring wear and blowby which is unbalancing you far more than a couple 100psi difference in the PMV setting. Not to mention once you are higher psi it wont be balanced either.

2400 would be pretty high and increase your wear and tear with trivial improvement in capturing condensate.

Seems like most PMVs come from the factory in the 1900-2200 range.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom