Back Plates, which one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubanatic

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I have a Ranger and a Stilleto BCD. I use the ranger for all my instruction/dives and use the Stilleto for vacation travel. Great BCDs! I am now moving into the Tech arena. What would be the best choice for a back plate system. :confused: Can you provide me some information to help me decide. I do not intend to do caving, :no just deep wrecks.

We sell two backplates - a stainless steel model, and an aluminum model. They are exactly the same, except for the material, and both of your current bladders are usable with them.

The SS playe weighs about 6 lbs, and the aluminum plate weighs about 2.5 lbs (If I recall correctly).

Thanks,

Scott

scubanatic:
just deep wrecks.
May I suggest that you ask your Deep Wreck instructor...
but as you may already know that its all about fit...
You have choices like
Dive Rite
Deep Sea Supply
Deep Outdoors
Halcyon
and many others i would ask others you know with BP systems if you can try them and then make a decision. or you could also do a google search on the most popular system and go with that:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom