Back into diving... its only been 15 years...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

napaheck

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all,

Over the last few months I have started Diving in Monterey Bay… it was about a 15 year break and all my dives before were warm water so it has taken some adjustment.

So far the biggest challenge has been finding a dive shop. I live up in Napa so nothing really local. I have used two different shops down in Monterey to rent gear but did not realy connect with the first and the second I believe is closing. Anyone have recommendations for a North bay area dive shop?

Great to be back in the water

Thanks for your time.
C.

Welcome. I’m in E Bay, and also getting back to it after a hiatus. Planning a dive in Monterey over the holidays—getting myself psyched up for cold water after warm-water resort diving most of my life.

I think @Eric Sedletzky (active here) is in Sonoma county.

Welcome to Scubaboard. We're pleased to see you back in the water.

Perhaps you'd like to direct your questions in this subforum:

Hi!
Try Seal’s water sports in Santa Rosa.
It would be about an hour drive from Napa.
Great local shop, Scubapro, Aqualung, etc. everything you’ll need to buy or rent. Great air fills too, they just had their compressor fully upgraded.
Super nice folks. They do local fun dives too so sign up for their email list

Napa is close to Marin Dive Center in San Rafael. They let me use the pool to use once. I dive drysuit in Mendocino County and sometimes go to Monterey. The swell is up and long period. Supposed to climb to like 10ft 15sec soon. I don't expect 2 to 3 ft anytime soon. Thought flat water windsurfing at Bodega harbor was had about a week ago. Tomales Bay I sail also when diving is not looking safe. Welcome back! NorCal I post as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom