Back in Puerto Galera and loving it

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GirlonFire

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I arrived in the Philippines (from the US) March 10 and the arrival protocol was very easy.
As long as you have your documentation (negative covid test, vaccination record, a qr code for travel, proof of travel insurance and outbound ticket) it’s a quick check and you are in your way to baggage claim.

I am staying at El Galleon again and they arranged my transfer from Manila. You can hire the water taxi and hopefully share to reduce costs or take the public ferry.

This is my 3rd time to stay here and it’s like coming home. Everyone is so friendly, helpful and remember you.

Dives have been really nice and full of creatures. I even saw a thresher shark my first dive.

Asia Divers dive shop is pretty much back to valet service if you want it.

Sabang is slowly opening up so if you are interested in the “nightlife“ it’s there but not in your face, so to speak.

There are a smattering of divers during the week and a few more during the weekend so sometimes there aren’t enough to do a farther site but with even one diver, they will go someplace close.

On my 6th day here, we went out to Verde Island and it was beautifu. Not too much current but a bit at the end to make it interesting. It was 2 days after the full moon.

I plan to be here for about 5 weeks and since I’ve stayed here that long before, I know I won’t be bored.

If you are on the fence about coming, I can safely say I am very happy to be here!

Glad you're getting in a good trip! Are you planning to stay in Puerto Galera the full 5 weeks, or move around?

Richard.

Glad you're getting in a good trip! Are you planning to stay in Puerto Galera the full 5 weeks, or move around?

Richard.
Unless the OP is thinking to move over to Anilao which has literally completely different set up.
If I have to stay 5 wks in one place in Philippines I would need self catering facility.

Richard.
I will stay 5 weeks. Maybe try to do a weekend trip to Romblon.
After PG, a week in Anilao, hopefully Tubbataha and then Indonesia.

If all goes well…

Unless the OP is thinking to move over to Anilao which has literally completely different set up.
If I have to stay 5 wks in one place in Philippines I would need self catering facility.
Yes, I am in a house.

I have been to Anilao (Buceo Anilao) and plan to return after PG.

I’ve been told there’s a ferry from somewhere on Mindoro but I haven’t gotten confirmation

Roxas is quite a distance from Sabang. Can be done by public transport via Calapan.

Getting there is half the fun.

There is ferry connection from Roxas to Boracay.

I am staying at El Galleon again and they arranged my transfer from Manila. You can hire the water taxi and hopefully share to reduce costs or take the public ferry.
Is this the only way to get into Sabang? Very expensive indeed.
Tourist is not allowed to travel by public transportation?

I arrived in the Philippines (from the US) March 10 and the arrival protocol was very easy.
As long as you have your documentation (negative covid test, vaccination record, a qr code for travel, proof of travel insurance and outbound ticket) it’s a quick check and you are in your way to baggage claim.

Do you get a QR code by registering on the BOQ Health Declaration Registration
or is it something else?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom