Back in Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadada

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
SB Friends,

After almost 2 months with no diving, I'm finally back in SE Florida.

Did the 3 tanker with Jupiter Dive Center yesterday. Water was 84, 50 feet vis, quite brisk current. Moderate number of Bull Sharks at Deep Ledge, about 5 stayed with us on our way up to the safety stop. Lemon Sharks and some Goliath Grouper at the start of Wreck Trek, some Lemons and some GG at the Esso Bonaire, no sharks at the stern Emerald feeding site. Relaxing drift at Capt Kirle's with a Nurse Shark, a Hawksbill, few Green Morays, usual reef fish.

Went out with Kevin on the Explorer out of Boynton Beach this morning. Beautiful day, flat seas, water 84-85 degrees, 50-60 ft of visibility, moderate north current. 1st dive at Black Condo was gorgeous, covered with all of the usual reef fish. Second Dive at Briny Breezes had a surprise appearance by a good size Hammerhead Shark. Swam slowly around us three times, great view on the last pass, and then slowly swam away. Only the second time I've seen Hammerheads in Boynton Beach. A good school of Caribbean Reef Squid and many, many of all the usual reef fish.

Three spaces available with Underwater Explorer tomorrow, Monday and Tuesday, hope to see you there. Underwater Explorers - Reserve

Good diving, Craig

Glad you're back. We are landlocked and I enjoy diving vicariously by reading your posts :)

SB Friends,

After almost 2 months with no diving, I'm finally back in SE Florida.

Did the 3 tanker with Jupiter Dive Center yesterday. Water was 84, 50 feet vis, quite brisk current. Moderate number of Bull Sharks at Deep Ledge, about 5 stayed with us on our way up to the safety stop. Lemon Sharks and some Goliath Grouper at the start of Wreck Trek, some Lemons and some GG at the Esso Bonaire, no sharks at the stern Emerald feeding site. Relaxing drift at Capt Kirle's with a Nurse Shark, a Hawksbill, few Green Morays, usual reef fish.

Went out with Kevin on the Explorer out of Boynton Beach this morning. Beautiful day, flat seas, water 84-85 degrees, 50-60 ft of visibility, moderate north current. 1st dive at Black Condo was gorgeous, covered with all of the usual reef fish. Second Dive at Briny Breezes had a surprise appearance by a good size Hammerhead Shark. Swam slowly around us three times, great view on the last pass, and then slowly swam away. Only the second time I've seen Hammerheads in Boynton Beach. A good school of Caribbean Reef Squid and many, many of all the usual reef fish.

Three spaces available with Underwater Explorer tomorrow, Monday and Tuesday, hope to see you there. Underwater Explorers - Reserve

Good diving, Craig
Say hi to my good buddy Dar. She is down from Canada with her husband I think. I know she is diving with JDC. She is a hoot and does a fair impression as a helpless woman diver. Don’t be fooled.

Glad you are back in the water.

...Did the 3 tanker with Jupiter Dive Center yesterday. ..
We were out in Jupiter yesterday (Fri) also and great toasty conditions U/W. I'm guessing that was not you guys who had the diver that got taken for a chamber ride. And then also the radio chatter with the 'red' boat stuck on the sand bar? Always interesting diving in Jupiter.
P.S. We found all the sharks,,,probably because we were ringing the dinner bell a bit too loudly underwater.
Hope you have a great week of diving !!

We were out in Jupiter yesterday (Fri) also and great toasty conditions U/W. I'm guessing that was not you guys who had the diver that got taken for a chamber ride. And then also the radio chatter with the 'red' boat stuck on the sand bar? Always interesting diving in Jupiter.
P.S. We found all the sharks,,,probably because we were ringing the dinner bell a bit too loudly underwater.
Hope you have a great week of diving !!
No, nobody to the chamber. See you again on JDC someday :)

No doubt the shark population in this area has increased.

SB friends,

I had a great week, dived Sunday through Thursday with the exception of Tues. Went out with Kevin and Underwater Explorers every day but Thursday, when we went out with Jim and Loggerhead. My wife and I dived with a friend, David, from Rochester on Sat and Sun and with a friend from Long Island, Andrew, Mon, Wed, and Thurs. I usually dive by myself, it was a real treat to dive with my wife and other, very competent buddies:).

After the Great Hammerhead on Sat, it was difficult for any other dive to quite measure up, but we had a wonderful time. We got in a real diverse group of dive sites, some not commonly dived, including Clubhouse, Table Tops, the 75, Black Condo, 007, Delray Ledges, and Castle Ledge. The water temp was variable from 80-85 degrees, as was the north current, from mild to fairly ripping. Visibility was moderate, 40-50 feet or so. Nothing spectacular, Nurse Sharks, Green Turtles, Green and Spotted Morays, all the usual reef fish. Altogether, a nice visit, 13 dives in 6 days of diving.

Now, join me on the Explorer for the Castor Sept 14-18. Monday the 16th is full, at least 2 space available for the other days Underwater Explorers - Reserve See you then.

Good diving, Craig

Weather was interesting too!
upload_2019-8-25_10-29-14.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom