Back from Turks and Caicos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dsafanda

Contributor
Reaction score
I just got back from the Turks and Caicos a few days ago. Although the diving was fantastic the reoccurring story for all underwater photography seemed to be that I would have my macro lens and port on when the sharks and rays cruised by and I would had my wide angle on when I found a stunning Flamingo Tongue. That said, I got a few that seem like they might be worthy of sharing.

Do a trip report pls.....many of us are interested in that area

RICHinNC:
Do a trip report pls.....many of us are interested in that area

You're right...I should follow up with a more detailed post in the Carribean section. I dove with a couple of different operators and I probably have some helpful info for others. In general I was very impressed with the diving and very unimpressed with Provo(the Island we stayed on). There's a lot of construction and realestate speculation going on right now. It's going to be a different place in a few years. The best diving we had was on a wall off of West Caicos which is currently an uninhabited island. However, it was recently purchased by a private group and is now being developed. Lots start at a million. When you dive off of West Caicos in the future you'll probably be staring at a giant resort community. Hopefully the spectacular wall diving will remain unchanged for many years.

I just got back myself. Last week really. Dove with Fifi and Caicos Adventures.

I dove with Caicos and Adventures twice and Provo Turtle Divers twice. I thought both were great but Caicos Adventure took us to better spots. However, Caicos Adventure is very limited in terms of boats right now. I heard there big cat is sitting on a reef. In fact they were renting a boat from Provo Turtle when I was there.

dsafanda:
I dove with Caicos and Adventures twice and Provo Turtle Divers twice. I thought both were great but Caicos Adventure took us to better spots. However, Caicos Adventure is very limited in terms of boats right now. I heard there big cat is sitting on a reef. In fact they were renting a boat from Provo Turtle when I was there.

I dove with them that day when they shared theboat with Provo Turtle.
Yes, they're limited but they have the old boat on the way to Martinique for repairs, MAJOR repairs. THen they have the new cat on the way to them now. They should have it within 2 weeks from now. Fifi was talking about going to get the boat any day, and that was then.

Nice pics.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom