Back from Coz, Short Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Titletowndiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just got back from 10 days in Coz. Overall another great trip. Not gonna get into to much detail but heres a quick rundown.

Airline = direct Funjet charter. No problems with security leaving or returning. Our flight home was actaully early. They started boarding the plane 1 hour early. The flight was ready to go 40 minutes early minus 2 passengers who were checked in but nowhere to be found (hmm the bar maybe?). They finally arrived 15 minutes before scheduled take off to a plane full of BOO's. :biggrinje

Hotel = Plaza Las Glorias. It was our first time staying at the PLG. I have to admit I was a bit nervous after all the mediocre and negative reviews I've read on this board. Apparently I have lower standards than other travelers because the PLG was PERFECT. The rooms were clean, showers were hot, beds comfortable, great view, attentive staff, refrigerator in room, etc... Yes, the hotel is older but if your looking for an AIC close to town then I would highly recommend PLG. I stayed at Brisas 5 months ago and overall the PLG was hands down much much better. Oh and I almost forget- The AIC package included BOTTLED BEER! None of those small 7oz. cups! The bartenders were more than happy to put 6 in a small bucket to take up to the room. The food was decent and you had a choice of either the buffet or ordering off the menu.

Diving. The diving was great (when isn't it in Coz). It's hard to beat the quality, price, and proximity of Cozumel. We dove with Dive Paradise on the small boats doing the EDP program and had no complaints. Great bottom times on all dives and we were able to pick the location every morning. Water was a bit colder than the last trip but thats to be expected in Jan. I made the mistake of only bringing my 3mm shorty and wouldve been a bit more comfortable on the 2nd dive with a full. I would recommend anyone going in the next 45 days or so to bring a fullsuit.

If anyone has any specific questions don't hesitate to PM me.

Pix can be found here

Nice to see someone else had a better opinion of PLG than the rest of the crowds. I found it to be better than expected in all respects.

I was in Coz Jan 3-10. Definitely 5mm steamer required, and I usually am the last person to get cold.

Okay ... dammit ... I get the hint. I was all packed, ready to leave for the airport in 10 hours. But, based on all this cold water talk from you guys from Green Bay and Canada, I just stuffed my my 3mm Farmer John into my bag.
Fingers crossed for WARM water, LIGHT winds, and SLOW current.

wow.. great pictures.!
love the one with the octopus in the white sand....

congratulations.

Looks like a storm , late Monday or Tuesday. Take your time. 3m steamer and I'am cold. 75-76 down low.

adios

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom