Back from Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aggie Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Pictures and report forthcoming.

Did have some problems with the camera equipment and it looks like I'll be in the search for a new camera and housing now :/

Long story short, the plastic tab on the bottom of the Olympus housing that the screw from the tray goes into snapped off on a dive. I tried to tighten it back up, and next thing you know I heard a pop, followed by my housing coming off the tray :shakehead

Thank God for my synch cord or my camera and housing would have been playing rocket man from 70 feet.

Anyway, looks like it's time for me to call DEPP and start looking for an upgrade.

One nugget, the Sunpak was working great until the little housing incident, some pics forthcoming.

Dear Aggie Diver,
I am new to the board....but have managed to buy a camera from the classified forum already even b/f I posted here! My husband and I are heading to Belize from 6/1-6/8 and ridiculously excited. My hubby was trained in the Red Sea and is quite experienced, whereas as I am a newbie with about 30 dives under my belt. We are staying at Ramons and are also diving with them 3 times...then attempting to use Amigo Del Mar or Protech-----from the correspondence I think we'll use Protech. The question I am getting to here is...are you at all familiar with Ramon's diving outfit and did I make a poor choice in signing up with them since we are staying there? This is our first out of country dive trip and we just assumed that was the way to go. Next tiem I shall research a little more first. Now I am concerned as so many people berate everyone there besides the 2 ops I named before.

Truthfully I think diving in general is incredible and phenomenal :) so no matter what I am sure we'll have a great time. Got the equipment all serviced and the cameras ready to go for a swim. Any info you can share to reassure me that I didn't make a huge mistake would be so appreciated.

DId you have fun...how was the vis and temp? Thank you so much for helping me out if you have a spare moment. I was so excited when I saw a Belize post from this year and not all old ones...was starting to get worried!!!!!! Man I cannot wait to see your pics and thank you again!

Sincerely,
Jacqueline and her peering-over-the-shoulder hubby Ron

Glad I read here about the Blue Hole b/f I paid LOL

I'm glad to hear the sunpak survived. Can't wait to see the pictures. Sorry about the housing problem - have you been hanging out with me lately??? :D

You did not make a mistake in diving with the Dive Op at Ramones because they are good, boats are not crowded, good staff, but you might have made a mistake in staying at Ramone's Village "Resort." It is not idyllic and private, as pictired in the brochures, but a bit noisey and public. I think you and your husband will find the rooms a bit cramped also. See my trip report on this subject. Hope your experience is better than mine at Ramone's

snurktaylor:
Dear Aggie Diver,
I am new to the board....but have managed to buy a camera from the classified forum already even b/f I posted here! My husband and I are heading to Belize from 6/1-6/8 and ridiculously excited. My hubby was trained in the Red Sea and is quite experienced, whereas as I am a newbie with about 30 dives under my belt. We are staying at Ramons and are also diving with them 3 times...then attempting to use Amigo Del Mar or Protech-----from the correspondence I think we'll use Protech. The question I am getting to here is...are you at all familiar with Ramon's diving outfit and did I make a poor choice in signing up with them since we are staying there? This is our first out of country dive trip and we just assumed that was the way to go. Next tiem I shall research a little more first. Now I am concerned as so many people berate everyone there besides the 2 ops I named before.

Truthfully I think diving in general is incredible and phenomenal :) so no matter what I am sure we'll have a great time. Got the equipment all serviced and the cameras ready to go for a swim. Any info you can share to reassure me that I didn't make a huge mistake would be so appreciated.

DId you have fun...how was the vis and temp? Thank you so much for helping me out if you have a spare moment. I was so excited when I saw a Belize post from this year and not all old ones...was starting to get worried!!!!!! Man I cannot wait to see your pics and thank you again!

Sincerely,
Jacqueline and her peering-over-the-shoulder hubby Ron

Glad I read here about the Blue Hole b/f I paid LOL

Hi All,
For diving in Belize, I had the pleasure of staying at the Manta Ray Resort, it was about an hour and a half boat ride from Belize city, the island was soley occupied by just us divers. The staff was great and the accomodations were so cute, little beach style huts. They were remodeling them so now they must be even nicer! The food was excellent and the diving was great, we went during the full moon so we could dive with whale sharks. THAT WAS EXCELLENT! I would highly recommend this and will definetely go back again. :)

Aloha Aggie!

Man, that's a bad stroke of luck. Glad you had your camera secured! Looking forward to your pictures

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom