Back from Aruba/Spirit Airlines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

427Dave

Contributor
Reaction score
The Villages, FL, and Northern Wisconsin (4 months
# of dives
200 - 499
I am back from a week of great diving in Aruba. Flew out of Tampa with Spirit Airlines (seats too close I am 6'3"), charge $25 per bag to check 1st bagage, charge $10.00 to get a boarding pass earlier than flight time, and charge $3.00 for a bottle of water. :shakehead: They are never to be used again.:shakehead: They lost my dive gear for 2 days. They told me that they did NOT lose my bagage, that "I" had lost my bagage! I said I gave it to them in Tampa and have a claim check, so therefore they lost it. They told me I still was the one that lost it and they would not do anything about renting equipment, said if it does not show up in a month I can apply for a $9.07 per pound claim. So it did not start out well and I missed 2 full days of diving, although I did rent equipment and dive 1 dive Sunday and Monday. Next time I will drive:rofl3:

When my gear arrived got into the 3 tanks a day diving and had a great time. WE left for the airport and my camera went bonkers. So it is now not working and back at the factory (again). I had taken the laptop and downloaded pictures each day so I did not lose any. Now alll I have to do is get the time to edit over 1000 pictures which I am sure 750 are bad:D

Great time anyway.

Welcome back, sorry to hear you had such a rough time.

DAN trip insurance will insure scuba gear from loss by carriers.

Please upload those pics as soon as possbile. I would love to see them!

Welcome back, sorry to hear you had such a rough time.

DAN trip insurance will insure scuba gear from loss by carriers.

Please upload those pics as soon as possbile. I would love to see them!

I am a DAN member and have DAN dive insurance, I never thought about DAN travel insurance, thanks.

I will get to pictures as soon as I have time, will be busy with the holidays and a couple more non diving trips.

Spirit has grown too fast and is now in last place for reported complaints:
http://airconsumer.ost.dot.gov/reports/2008/November/200811ATCR.pdf
Page 41 shows the facts you need to know....

They are a relatively small player yet their complaint stats compare in overall number to AA, Delta, United , and USAir. Very sad, they were a nice low-cost carrier and are my "hometown" airline.

Dave - who did you dive with there? Report please :)

Dave - who did you dive with there? Report please :)

I dove with Unique Water Sports, who I have been diving with for 10 years. I was going to give Native Divers a try but their boat was out of the water with a broken rudder. Native Divers even recommend only Unique and Dive Aruba when they told me they could not go out.

I had read where some people had a problem with Unique. I have never had a problem. On a couple of dive they had quite a load on the boat, but it was organized with multi DM's in the water. I also noted they had brand new saugages. They bought out Pelican Divers a couple years ago and I think this has caused some problems they are getting ironed out.

I just got my camera back from the factory today and need to get my pictures edited and upload a few. I think I took over a 1000 pictures so that may take awhile.

Had a great time after my gear was found...

Dave

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom