Back from Afghanistan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eff

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Flew the last missions over Iraq, then moved my focus to Afghanistan. It's quite cold over there this time of year, especially up north!

It feels GREAT to be back in Philly! REAL FOOD! Same amount of gunfire! Trees! Water! Diving! Late-night-bike-rides!

I'll probably be deploying again this year (such is life), but if I get lucky I won't leave until after summer... I'd love to get in some significant diving this year. Lotta wrecks to get to.

Anyways, if you were bored and felt like watching, I made a short video of what I was up to over there. It's a preview of a documentary I'm working on, using footage shot onboard.
Think of it as... a flying music video.

KC-10A - Living Out of a Flight Bag [HD] - YouTube

(recommend 720p or 1080p, fullscreen)

Just figured I'd keep you all updated. Hope everyone is having an amazing winter. Feel free to leave feedback or whatever.

Anyone else deploy recently / going to deploy?

Welcome back Eff!

I just got home yesterday! I'll be going back also.....while I'm home it'll be a day of local skiing, a ski trip to Hokkaido, dry suit purchase, some local diving, some other activities, drinking Guiness (including the one in my hand now)...before I head back......sometime this year.

Take care. Stay safe.

-Mitch

That's cool; looks like you're stationed in Japan. Can only imagine how nice it is there (diving, mountains, etc). Jealous!

Excellent video, thanks for serving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom