Back at it.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

desert_gold_hound

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Well I got certified a few years back (2010 area) and dove alot at first. I then met this wonderful woman who changed my life. I adopted her children and havent really dove sence we met. Well I am craving the water badly and so i got to build up my gear again. I still have my regs and bcd but i need the rest. I have hopes to be back in the water in 2 months or less.

My son has autism so i will check with his doctor when he is 13 or so about diving. My daught will be 10 in two years so i need to log some dives and get some practise in so i can feel comfortable being her safty line.

I am so excited to get back in the water. Will dive a few dives with experienced divers so they can make sure i am still diving right as i dont feel paying a refreshor corse would be any better then diving with someone that i trust to help me out. I have been refreshing my book knowledge as well.

I will take a solo course as soon as i feel i am back in the knowledge and experience i need. Its good to be back.

Welcome back. I recommend taking it slow. One of the frustrating things with scuba diving is things go okay till they don’t, then the downslope can be steep and fast.

Welcome back! Great to have you aboard.
Are the buddies that you trust going to go over a few things with you to make sure that you still have the muscle memory?

Well i got a AWSOME deal on some new to me gear. A farmer john with built in weights, boties, another dive computer integrated air with compass, 14lbs weight. Xl bcd fits wife, two sencond stage and 1 first, split fins with bag, mask (surprised fitz A+), cool as hell dive knife/scissors, 2 yellow tanks and 2 blue 80al, and probaly something im missing. Only things i need to buy now is hoodie and gloves.

I am so stoked I will have to get gear serviced and tanks hydroded but they have 3000 and look brand new. Last hydro 2013 and tanks were built in 2007 i beleive. Got all of this for $300

Sounds good for the money.

Is that a typo where you said you got a farmer john with built in weights?

Nope never seen one like it before. Dont know how much but they are not removable. I will get me new fins and let my wife have the splits as i dont like split but think she will.

Joel Silverstein's operation is out in Lake Havasu City. He's been around the block. It might be worth getting ahold of him.

I've never met him personally however, this isn't an endorsement, just information.

Yes i have dove with him and his wife before. His shop will be doing the service. His wife and him also run a dive club in lake havasu. I use them for some stuff and other places for other things. When it life support i trust them. When it comes to training i hate the lake here so i use others not because scuba technology cant do a good job just i like better vis and new areas.

Also they just sold me a small bcd for my kids to play around with... They can learn to snorkle with this bcd on

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom