Bachelor Bay the one in West Vancouver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wetsuit 4 life

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,
I'am planing on heading over to Bachelor Bay some time next week and was hoping for any advice, tips, or information about this site
and if its even really worth the time or would it be better to just drive 5 more minutes and hit the cut
thanks

Cheers

for bachelor bay, I go in from Whytecliff when I dive it as if you go in from the shore itself, it is a long shallow sloping bottom, like Porteau. So I Cross over the rocks on the left at WC and you are in.

To the right there is a gradual sloped bottom with a rock reef that goes down to about 40-50' then it turns to sand. I like to dive this part at night time as the life comes out here. If go you far enough you will hit the wall at the end of the islet. Below 50' it is sand and as you go deeper it will get steep. Not sure how far down the sand goes as I only went to 100'.

To the left, about 10 minute swim the is a small wall that bottoms out around 90' or so. Not too much on it. If you keep going around/across the bay to the other side there is another rock reef that is on a gradual sloping sandy bottom. I think I only went to about 70' here, (it has been a while). there is a small sail boat on the bottom also at about 40' as I recal.

Hope this helps, have fun exploring. I know I did.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom