Baa atoll of Maldives, any liveaboard in Aug or Sep?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ladydevil

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I am looking for recommendations for any liveaboard that travels Baa atoll (not necessarily diving in this atoll only). I would like to look for boat that departs and arrives Male, the capital, so that I don't need to take a water cap with all my diving gear.

I've dived in South Male atoll, North Ari and South Ari atoll, so if possible, I prefer my focus to shift to other atolls. Of course, this also depends on the weather and monsoon. :)

I understand Aug/Sep may be better to dive (a bit) north, am I correct?

Any idea would be much appreciated.

There are no boats which are operating only in Baa Atoll. So which ever the boat you choose the cruise manager will decide whats the best for the clients depending on weather and the experience of divers. (Unless its stated on the website that they will be at a perticular atoll for some time).

So the best thing is to get in touch with the boats and see what they have got to offer during that period. Maybe be there is a boat who has already got request for Baa atoll at the same time you wish.....

good luck.

Last edited:
Hi Ladydevil

I was on the MV Monsoon earlier this year which took in Baa, Raa, Noonu and Lhaviyani.

My trip report is here: Monsoon trip report

It still has plenty of availability on the trips in August and September (a good time) as you can see here: Monsoon Schedule

Hope that helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom