B2 breathes "funny"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your B2 would like some more information about your statement that it breathes funny:

You mean, let me understand this … cuz I … maybe it's me, maybe I’m a little f***ed up maybe. I’m funny how? I mean funny, like I’m a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? I’m here to f***in’ amuse you? Whattya you mean funny? Funny how? How am I funny?

--Your Atomic B2

Spoiler Alert -- Here's how your B2 will end up:

upload_2021-9-11_20-38-1.jpeg

Hey, @unwantedsn , did you ever get an explanation/fix for your reg's issues?
Nope... I asked my shop to change the PN you gave and they said they were not going to do that. If I didn't like the way it was breathing, which is to atomics specs, then I could have them send it out to another shop and have them see if they could replicate. So, that's what I had them do. They shipped it off, and that shop called me with some follow up questions. They said the cracking pressure was way to high (about double what it should have been) but otherwise the reg was within spec and they couldn't replicate. I sent them the audio recording and per them the pop sound is me "over drawing" the reg. I call BS on that, i can take a way harder breath and it doesn't do it. Also, what if my buddy has an OOG situation... Can atomic really only handle one diver?? /sarcasm.

The shop offered to rebuild the 2nd stage to "put my mind at ease" but they said it was unnecessary. I had them rebuild it and they said they also adjusted the cracking pressure.
I just got the reg back and it does seem better, but it is still not correct. I also see that they have adjusted the IP. I know it was around 125-130ish and now its 118-120ish. At this point I'm not too sure what my options are. @rsingler do you have anyone you'd suggest?

Nope... I asked my shop to change the PN you gave and they said they were not going to do that. If I didn't like the way it was breathing, which is to atomics specs, then I could have them send it out to another shop and have them see if they could replicate. So, that's what I had them do. They shipped it off, and that shop called me with some follow up questions. They said the cracking pressure was way to high (about double what it should have been) but otherwise the reg was within spec and they couldn't replicate. I sent them the audio recording and per them the pop sound is me "over drawing" the reg. I call BS on that, i can take a way harder breath and it doesn't do it. Also, what if my buddy has an OOG situation... Can atomic really only handle one diver?? /sarcasm.

The shop offered to rebuild the 2nd stage to "put my mind at ease" but they said it was unnecessary. I had them rebuild it and they said they also adjusted the cracking pressure.
I just got the reg back and it does seem better, but it is still not correct. I also see that they have adjusted the IP. I know it was around 125-130ish and now its 118-120ish. At this point I'm not too sure what my options are. @rsingler do you have anyone you'd suggest? Send it to rsingler...he will be doing my Atomic ST1

Tell them the issues and the shops that have "helped" you. Offer to send them the recording.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom