B.C. For the New Year!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubakat

Reaction score
So are you ready to start planning your next adventure?... Would you be at all interested in going on the Nautilus Explorer for New Year's eve in the B.C. Gulf Islands? I know you would love the diving & the boat too.

I'll be spending my New Year under the water, but there will be topside activities too, all the food you can eat, three "feature" dives from the skiff per day + night dives off of the platform if conditions allow.

The prices are as follows (US$):

$625 Executive Suite
495 State Room
395 Dorm Bunk

Need $150 deposit with balance due 2 weeks before departure.

Staterooms and suites have a private head & shower, "two real beds", and excellent ventilation system. 32% NITROX is available at an additional (reasonable) cost. Drysuits are also available for rent, but prior experience diving dry is recomended. Tanks (AL80) and weights are provided. A limited number of LP Steel 104's are available for rent. You will need to bring all of your personal SCUBA gear.

The dates are Dec 30 - Jan 01 (boat departs 12/29 PM). We need to be up in Vancouver between 8:00 & 10:00 p.m. Saturday Dec 29th.

Though the diving is fabulous it may not be for everyone... Be comfortable diving in cold water and current. In-water divemastering is available for an additional fee if you would like to go out with Diver Jud. Otherwise the captain gives great dive briefings & site descriptions. Follow his directions & "stay on the topograhy" & you will be fine :).

So... let's fill this boat up with NDI/ScubaBoarders!!! Drop me a private message through the board, or reply here & I will track you down with more details.

-kate

Hi Dave!
I would guess that it might be a bit colder than the Orcas trip last weekend, but I hope not by much. (I am hoping that Santa will bring me dry gloves for christmas.) :) I just received a note from the captain. It looks like there will be FOUR dives on Saturday, FOUR dives on Sunday, including the midnight splash -- followed by a continuation of the New Year's bash. Then Monday, New Years Day there will be a brunch & the first dive of 2002. I can't think of a better way to ring in the new year!

-kate

Captain says.... "Depending on the weather, I have been figuring on Active Pass, maybe Porlier Pass, Dodd Narrows and then the midnight dive on the Cape Breton!!" and that the water will likely be 43 - 45 degrees F.

-kate

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom