Azores - Ponta Delgada to Villa do Porto - HELP !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nik in Spain

Registered
Reaction score
A group of us, non-divers and divers, are staying on Sao Miguel this august . We want to do Dori, but are also very keen on Ambrosia.... I have just learned that the regular ferry service from Ponta Delgada on Sao Miguel to Villa do Porto on Santa Maria has been suspended for the last couple of years and will likely continue so this year. Can anyone suggest a way to get there and back, that is not by plane ? I find it hard to budget an extra € 350,00 for the three of us for a return ticket to go for just a couple of dives (plus € 390,00 for the dives, plus € 100 for the Hostel, plus, plus, plus..).

I never was in São Miguel but often see some local dive centers advertising off-shore trips from there:

OFFSHORE DIVING TRIPS | Season Challenge | PADI Dive Center | Ponta Delgada - São Miguel Azores and
Dive Trips and Prices | bestspotazores come to mind
Thank you very much, David :) Will get in touch and see if it compensates the extra cost..some off shore dives on offer are really expensive, once you multiplied by three..

Back
Top Bottom