AZ Scuba Club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Charles R

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am wondering is there any clubs in AZ that are not shop specific or affiliated?

Besides AZScuba others I'm aware of:

R-Team at Raytheon and Desert Dolphins - both out of Tucson.
Desert Dolphins is the original club in Arizona, started in 1959.

I recently saw a link to AZ Hammerhead SDSC but don't know anything about them. Based in Phx..

If you're looking for a club that is active in local diving, the short answer is No. I asked this question a few months ago and it was pretty clear that the local clubs are pretty much strictly into diving balmy gin-clear waters elsewhere in the world. If that's your gig then power to you.

If you want to dive local, early and often, you're in luck. Keep a watch out on the Lake Pleasant and Salt River threads. There is a growing group of irregular regulars that are as nutty as I am and some of us dive almost every weekend. It isn't a club. Just a bunch of folks that love to make bubbles and find a five to seven day surface interval is about all we can stand. PM me or contact me here if you want to go diving.

Steve.

Last edited:
I really need to start getting out more. I am just waiting for hell(I mean Phoenix) to cool off a little first. I don't care if it does involve water, over 110° is a little too much for me to enjoy.

I really need to start getting out more. I am just waiting for hell(I mean Phoenix) to cool off a little first. I don't care if it does involve water, over 110° is a little too much for me to enjoy.

It's about 65º below 40 feet at the lake:D. We try to start early so we can get our dives in before it gets to hot. That and we sit in our coolers during surface intervals.

I'll try and make it out sometime. The trouble with being at th lake early, is that it is still a 100 mile drive and that makes for a real early morning when the sun is up before 6

I'll try and make it out sometime. The trouble with being at th lake early, is that it is still a 100 mile drive and that makes for a real early morning when the sun is up before 6

100 Miles? Wow. Where are you driving from?

Holy hell ... I didn't figure anyone else in Maricopa was into diving, and here I found this thread. Let me know if you want to carpool up to the lake sometime broncobowsher ... it'd give me motivation to actually make that drive.

Besides AZScuba others I'm aware of: ...
I recently saw a link to AZ Hammerhead SDSC but don't know anything about them. Based in Phx..

Wow! I could have collected $45.00 a head annually and put together an "out of the box" webpage. I guess it is more webpage than we (AZscuba) have right now. I really should work on that beyond just talk.

Charles, join "AZscuba", which is in the section above the threads in this forum. Click on the "Monthly meeting announcement" thread that is sticky'ed to find out when AZscuba meets. We are not shop specific or affiliated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom