AZ dive locations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deepdivered

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello every one. if you ave seen my scubaeds.com site you notice i have been collecting info about lake pleasant dive spots. My goal is to make a refrence for local divers to find a place to dive. I want people to keep getting wet even if they cant dive in the prity ocean aquarium.

So i am asking for some help. I want to include more locations and bodies of water. I have heard about some places in saguaro where there is a buss, helicopter, sail boat, car. i don't know where they are but pleas look at what i have posted so fare and post on here of some more places i can put on the site. Thanks all!

Also any ideas or suggestions on improvements for the site will be great.

I compiled a quite extensive list of Arizona dive sites several years ago when I was living in Arizona. Here's a list of what I put together. I have a couple of extra pages on Lake Pleasant and Lake Mohave in addition to that one (check the links). The "wrecks" in Saguaro are not safe to dive. The local S&R team put those in years ago and used to do training on them, but they don't even go there anymore because the hazards involved. They are boat accessible only and coordinates are not available publicly. If you want to dive "wrecks", head up to Mohave. It's only a couple hours away and much safer. The visibility is also much better than in Saguaro and I've included directions on how to get to them in my websites.

Good luck with building your site. It's nice to see someone taking over what I started.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/southwest-sand-sharks/261902-diving-lake-roosevelt-saturday.html
Here is a link to the thread I started about diving at Roosevelt Lake. I want to get back there after the weather warms up a bit to explore a few more areas. There are some dive sites that look promising but when we dove there in November it was late in the day and the vis was limited. Think very vertical and very dark.....my kind of diving!

Steve.

thanks for the replyes! i will sort through that stuff. i aaam thinking how to have my dive sites navigate better so you dont read it like an artical.

Scorpion Bay is closed to diving since the new marina was built. From what I recently heard, they still don't have boats there due to some permit issues. I don't know if the area is blocked off or if there are signs there restricting the area, but this would be the time to check it out while things are still being held up. If anyone does head out there, please take some pics and post them. I'd like to see what it looks like now.

Scorpion Bay is closed to diving since the new marina was built. From what I recently heard, they still don't have boats there due to some permit issues. I don't know if the area is blocked off or if there are signs there restricting the area, but this would be the time to check it out while things are still being held up. If anyone does head out there, please take some pics and post them. I'd like to see what it looks like now.

What's up Rob, I'll be up there on Sunday with a group and will check the place out for sure, if I have a chance I'll shoot some pictures, hopefully the place is open and we can dive there.
Andres

A few of us tried to dive there about a year ago and weren't allowed. They were having a lot of construction issues then. A couple of divers tried to do an early morning dive, again this was last spring, and were ticketed by MCSO for tresspassing. The fines were pretty steep as I recall. I would like to dive there but between the drive time, the gas and the fines it's probably cheaper and easier to go to San Diego.

All kidding aside, I did talk to the general manager last year about diving there. Let's just say I didn't get a warm and fuzzy feeling that he wanted to be bothered with divers interacting with the boats. And I guess there was a drowning there last weekend (don't think it was diving related). I haven't heard any more about it.

Let us know if things have changed there for the better. It was closed for construction before I started diving but I've heard a lot of good things about diving there and would like to try it.

Steve.

I'll let you know sunday afternoon, I hope now that the marina is officially open, they don't have the road blocked to the bay, I won't be trespassing for sure, I don't any more bills stacking up LOL!!
Andres

I compiled a quite extensive list of Arizona dive sites several years ago when I was living in Arizona. Here's a list of what I put together. I have a couple of extra pages on Lake Pleasant and Lake Mohave in addition to that one (check the links). The "wrecks" in Saguaro are not safe to dive. The local S&R team put those in years ago and used to do training on them, but they don't even go there anymore because the hazards involved. They are boat accessible only and coordinates are not available publicly. If you want to dive "wrecks", head up to Mohave. It's only a couple hours away and much safer. The visibility is also much better than in Saguaro and I've included directions on how to get to them in my websites.

Good luck with building your site. It's nice to see someone taking over what I started.

wwow that is a lot of info. can i use any of it if i credit you and leave a link to your sit?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom