Axiom Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stever2002

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm considering the Axiom (non i3) as my first BC. If so, I'll be taking it on a trip in May. Although not a "travel BC", I need one I can use locally (North East US) as well as when I travel. The budget doesn't allow me to buy one of each, and I want to gain some consistency with my trim and buoyancy.

Questions:
  • I really like the Octo and Gauge pockets; Can anyone tell me the size of the opening of the gauge pocket? Do most users simply loop the hose for the instrument cluster and tuck in down, or do you thread it through from the back? I have a 2-gauge cluster (SPG and Compass; my computer is wrist mounted), so I would like to think it would thread through.
  • The story of my life: I'm right in the middle of two sizes (M and ML). I'm talking to my shop about which way to go. Any feedback from the board? We use thick (7mm ?) wet suites here, but when traveling I'm hoping to get by with a shorty or rash guard. Also, I don't want to rule out the possibility of a dry suite class in my future.
  • Like I said, I know this is not a "travel" BCE - however does it fold small enough to place in a carry-on or do you end up checking it with the airlines?
  • What do you love? What do you hate about this product? Don't pull any punches. I do realize fit and gadget placement are a bit of a personal choice, but I'm looking to make an informed decision.
Thanks as always!
-PH

As far as size goes , I had the same dilemma....
My research told me to go with the md.
Try it on , and if you have some play with the straps , meaning you can tie them down at least 3” , ...that’s all the straps , you should be good to go...
That’s should be more than half way , leaving room for heavier wetsuit even a dry suit.,while being tight enough on a skin ..

If you decide it's the one for you, PM me. I have a ??medium-large?? that needs a new home.

I personally do not like the octo pockets on the new AL bc’s. We have them at our shop and the pockets do not seem to keep the octo in place very well. I see a lot of the octos falling out and dangling. The pockets are so far down that many of the divers do not every realize that they have fallen out. They also put the octo in an area that is out side what many consider the golden triangle for octo placement.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom