Awesome deal with Apple's bundle package with final cut pro X ....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

funscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
If you are into video editing here is a crazy discount that Apple really seldom offers to students and teachers (but hey, how can they really verify you are one of those), and it includes all those fantastic apps like Final Cut Pro X, Logic Pro X, Motion 5, Compressor 4, and MainStage 3 for 199$ only instead of almost 630$, here is the link Pro Apps Bundle for Education

2C0%26iccEmbed%3D0%26layer%3Dcomp%26.v%3D1485814551684&cfs=1&upscale=1&_nc_hash=AQDoqlHUb0oH0L1A.jpg

Pro Apps Bundle for Education
The Pro Apps Bundle is a collection of five industry-leading apps from Apple, including Final Cut Pro X, Logic Pro X and more. Buy now at apple.com.
APPLE.COM

"but hey, how can they really verify you are one of those". Other than the fact that if you are not eligible for this and you try to buy it you are "stealing" from Apple (and lying), typically they need an email address that is .edu or something similar.
Bill

Naaahhh, I don't think they verify, just say ur this or that, they can't do anything anyway.

I think his comment was more to address the ethical concerns of lying to Apple in order to acquire software you aren't eligible to purchase.

Seriously, I doubt Apple cares about it, they just wanna have their $$$$$$

I think apple does indeed care about education, but if you want to lie to get software cheap, knock yourself out. If too many people do this though, then the companies that support education might stop support. I don't know about apple but Adobe will only sell education discounted software if you have a verified .edu email address.

Bill

Well, if u r an instructor u can very well say u r teaching UW video editing ... that's education.
Aaaahh ....., the power of marketing, always loved that, especially the people falling into it, and Apple is very good at it.

Last edited:
You can twist it however you'd like to justify your purchase but here are the facts.

You don't own the software you just bought, you License it from Apple. Read Apple's Licensing Agreement - which you automatically "signed" when you purchased the product:
Education pricing is available to college students, students accepted to college, parents buying for college students, faculty, homeschool teachers, and staff at all grade levels.

I don't see a dive instructor teaching an u/w video class on the list...your definition of "that's education" is not Apple's.

Or you could use this free software instead:

Blackmagic Design: DaVinci Resolve 12

I downloaded it the other day but haven't tried it yet. But, the review I read made it sound like this would be a really good alternative to Final Cut.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom