Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PARADISE HUNTER

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We saw the sci fi movie Avatar and were surprised by all of the "alien" scenes that had obvious connections to underwater life.

Examples: Ten foot tall plants that were exact copies of Christmas tree worms (they retracted the same as well), air floating mini jellies, lots of soft corals, hammerhead shaped rinos, seahorse headed horses (hard to explain) and much night time fluorescent plant life.

Just curious what others have to say. We thought the movie was very good as well.:wink:

PH

I agree. We saw this movie today and had flashbacks to some of the great movies like Star Wars and other Sci Fi flicks. I thought the movie has a strong environmental message of interconnectivity. The "sealife" references were hard to miss. At almost 3 hrs long, it could have been trimmed back a bit for my tastes.

James Cameron (the director) is sort of an underwater exploration and filmography buff. He has been using Imax 3D cameras underwater for a long time now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom