Availabilty of ZRC Cold?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MilitantMedic

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Mr. FredT is more or less offline dealing with some Katrina related damages. So does anyone know where I might be able to purchase online or pick up in Hawaii the ZRC Cold Galvanizing Compound (Aerosol)??

Also what is a good clear coat to put over ZRC (faber steel tanks)? Uncle Ricky votes for epoxy, although I'm a little leery of that. Any thoughts?

What about clear coating?

Talk to the company and see if you can get the stuff on Oahu. Maybe Kilgo's on Sand Island Road has it. There's some other stuff you can use: POR-15 that might be out there. Ask whatever company you go with if you should even topcoat it.
http://www.por15.com/

Some napa part stores carry it here. Don't know about hawaii. Your other option is to contact a place that supplies paints to autobody shops and/or industrial coaters. Only other thing I can think of is to send me a round trip ticket and maybe I could bring you a can or two. Just kidding!! They probably wouldn't let me bring it on the plane. But hey send me the ticket anyway and I'll help you find some! Jim

I get mine from work. I'm an industrial powder coater and we use it to touch up stuff that we send out to be galvanized. If you can find a galvanizer you may be able to get it from them or at least the name of their supplier.

Sorry I missed the second part of your question. I will check with my supervisor tomorrow regarding clear coating over it. We don't clear coat galvanized parts but I would think you would have to be careful as to what you use to avoid an adverse result. But as Tom said don't rush the cure regardless if you clearcoat or not. Don't have spec sheet handy to see what is recommended but we don't do ANYTHING with the touched up parts for a min of 48hrs. that's not factory recommendation just our internal policy.

Good info I'll have to check with Napa, gaspro and Air Liquide. Yeah I try not to rush DIY stuff...usally ends up piss poor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom