Auto FP High-Speed Sync

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

baileykenneths

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I've researched this for awhile now and understand the physical limitations of shutter speeds above 1/320th (Auto FP) and have experienced them first hand, with banding on the bottom of the image, when I forgot.
I have a Aquatica AD700/Nikon D700 setup with a Sea & Sea YS-110 and Y@90 strobes.

And unless I'm missing a setting on the camera, there must be a way to deal with this better than running in aperture mode or accepting the limits of a smaller range of aperture settings.
My D70 used to be able to handle going above 1/250 as it had a different type shutter.

Flash Sync Speed is set to 1/320 s (Auto FP)
Flash shutter Speed is set as high as it'll go @ 1/60s

So my question is... Has anyone overcome this restriction with different settings or possibly a better strobe? I was looking at the Epoque ES-230 DS Auto. It is the only "auto exposure" u/w strobe I know of. But I'm not sure that will solve the issue.

Thanks in advance
Stuart
SB IMAGES | UNDERWATER PHOTOGRAPHY

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom