Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveHeart

DiveHeart Instructor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 or ADA is a civil rights law signed into law by President George H.W. Bush that prohibits discrimination based on disability. It affords similar protections against discrimination to Americans with disabilities as the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which made discrimination based on race, religion, sex, national origin, and other characteristics illegal. In addition, unlike the Civil Rights Act, the ADA also requires covered employers to provide reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities and impose accessibility requirements on public accommodations.
#ADA30 has also opened the door for people with disabilities to participate in sports and recreational pursuits from their local park districts up to and including the Paralympic Games. As a Recreation Therapist, I have seen the fruits of this labor firsthand for my students as they are afforded opportunities to participate in activities and adapted sports in their local communities as well as those offered in many other community settings. As an individual with a disability, I am able to compete in adapted sport at the highest level, with my ultimate goal of qualifying for the 2020 Paralympic Games to be held in Tokyo, Japan. And finally, I am proud to be a Board Member with Diveheart as our mission is to instill confidence, independence, and self-esteem to children, adults, and veterans with disabilities through scuba diving. I do not believe that any of this would be possible if it were not for the passage of the Americans With Disability Act of 1990.
#ada30 #ada #americanswithdisabilitiesact #adaptivescuba#adaptivesports #scubatherapy #adaptiverecreation
116105849_10158506148591280_8264792210584984034_o.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom