Aul14

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oxygen fairy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi folks,

I wrote a few weeks ago a thread about looking for AUL under the sub-forum "lights", but there I became no answer, now I try it here:

I dive an AUL14. Unfortunately, the Acryl tank has broken to me. Somebody said to me that a company has bought up the remaining stocks of AUL in the USA and expels. Can somebody give me about that infos?

Greetz from Germany

Petra

Attachments

• Schaden AUL 3.jpg
    Schaden AUL 3.jpg
    429.4 KB · Views: 89
Looking at this damage I would go for another brand. My advice: purchase proper new canister (having in mind dimensions of battery pack and balast position) and rebuild you light.

There's nothing special about that canister. You could probably build yourself a new one out of a PVC tube and cap. Or have someone machine you a new one to match the old dimensions out of delrin. Then reuse the lid and latches.

How did you crack it?

The older style cannisters, which most of you guys have never used are much more fragile and easy to break. (I have 2 or 3 old AULs somewhere in the garage that occasionally see use as transport tubes.) However, they have a huge upside in that they don't flex and leak so they work much better on deeper dives. No bulkheads required, etc. Now, the easy to smash factor makes the new stuff preferrable.

My advice is to replace it with a new light. The value of your lid is negligible since, to my knowledge, all of the old AUL lights were halogen.

Hello together,

thank you for the answers.

First of all: now I dive of course another lamp (HID). But I like my old AUL, she has functioned always well and 50 W of halogen were completely sufficient.:wink:

I would put to myself them with pleasure as a spare lamp in the corner, for the case of the cases! Has happened the break not with the diving or pull, but by a transport, the lamp must probably like on a hard object be!!:depressed:

Best,
Petra

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom