AUL Cannister Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

prthd9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am thinking of purchasing an AUL 75W Halogen Cannister light. Does anyone have any experience with this type of light? Positives and Negatives appreciated.

Any reccommendations where I can get a good can light for a reasonable price?

What's better HID or Halogen?

I had an old 50-watt halogen AUL WKPP light. 20 pounds out of the water.
Sold it.
HID is the way to go.

prthd9:
I am thinking of purchasing an AUL 75W Halogen Cannister light. Does anyone have any experience with this type of light? Positives and Negatives appreciated.

Any reccommendations where I can get a good can light for a reasonable price?

What's better HID or Halogen?

Last I knew AUL was OOB. The light must be used, eh?

Pony up a little more and buy HID. Believe me, you won't be sorry. I wish I had bypassed Halogen and gone to HID.

Green_Manelishi:
Last I knew AUL was OOB. The light must be used, eh?

Pony up a little more and buy HID. Believe me, you won't be sorry. I wish I had bypassed Halogen and gone to HID.
I must be a fossil.

I really like my Dive-Rite cannister halogen light. It's bright, only a couple of pounds negative in the water, the replacement bulbs are about $2.50, and if it breaks, can be fixed almost anywhere in the world with a trip to a hardware store.

Terry

Web Monkey:
I must be a fossil.

I really like my Dive-Rite cannister halogen light. It's bright, only a couple of pounds negative in the water, the replacement bulbs are about $2.50, and if it breaks, can be fixed almost anywhere in the world with a trip to a hardware store.

Terry

You are not alone. I must be a fossil too. My AUL halogen canister light has and continues to serve me well.

Another thing people should realize is AUL made several different size canisters, and they were not all jumbo size. I replaced my SLA battery with a NIMH, but the canister, light, cord, etc. are all original.

My AUL video light with wide angle reflector

To me, a light is a tool. It's purpose is not to be the latest technology or to be the cool thing to have. It's purpose is to illuminate subjects for my videos and if you've seen my videos, it serves it's purpose well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom