August (HOT!!) Roll Call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan G

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Dan G +1: July 29 - Aug 3 Villa Aldora/Aldora

I've been watching air fares months hoping for a break, but no joy there, and they seemed to start easing up for some August dates. I finally gave in during the wee hours this morning and booked air, hotel, trip insurance, and diving - prompting my credit card to text me asking if these were all valid purchases by me? Arriving Aug 16 on that 3pm flight I hate so much if American doesn't botch my 40 minute connection and reroute me thru Cancun later, 5 or 6 days of death defying dives with Salty Endeavors, staying at Mary Carmen and hanging out with the courtyard turtles, return home on the 23rd to repack for Tucson with the kids.

Looking forward to Caribe Burger around the corner, Los Otates dinners, late Italian lunches at La Cucina's, visiting my dentist for a cleaning, diving on my birthday, and more.

I'll pickup a cheap coffee maker at Mega on arrival as I like one always handy in my room. Anyone want it on the 23rd?

Me, my brother and my 15 yr old niece (her first trip to Coz), diving w/ Dive With Martin Aug 8 through Aug 13.

I'm doing late July to early August.
GameChanger (Mike) - 7/30 - 8/6 @ Blue Angel >Blue Angel

I listed in July but it's a crossover so here it is:
MargaritaMike - 7/24-8/7 - Villa Torre Blanca - Tres Pelicanos

I've been watching air fares months hoping for a break, but no joy there, and they seemed to start easing up for some August dates. I finally gave in during the wee hours this morning and booked air, hotel, trip insurance, and diving - prompting my credit card to text me asking if these were all valid purchases by me? Arriving Aug 16 on that 3pm flight I hate so much if American doesn't botch my 40 minute connection and reroute me thru Cancun later, 5 or 6 days of death defying dives with Salty Endeavors, staying at Mary Carmen and hanging out with the courtyard turtles, return home on the 23rd to repack for Tucson with the kids.

Looking forward to Caribe Burger around the corner, Los Otates dinners, late Italian lunches at La Cucina's, visiting my dentist for a cleaning, diving on my birthday, and more.

I'll pickup a cheap coffee maker at Mega on arrival as I like one always handy in my room. Anyone want it on the 23rd?

I'm arriving in CUN on the 16th as well. I depart on the 21st. I don't have any other reservations as of yet. Getting the shops to reply with pricing is a bit of an issue.

Want to get a drink? I will buy the first one.

August 3 - 24 @ Scuba Club Cozumel.
Three weeks in one place? I hope you're getting paid well. I enjoy Cozumel a week at a time, but for that period I'd have to explore several places.

I'm arriving in CUN on the 16th as well. I depart on the 21st.
I expect to land in Cozumel if nothing goes wrong, but every now and then I get rerouted to Cancun. I do have a dentist I've seen there a few times over the last decade for bigger work, but no need this trip, just a local cleaning, so hope to avoid that zoo. I hope your plans include the bag drag to Cozumel.

I don't have any other reservations as of yet. Getting the shops to reply with pricing is a bit of an issue.
I'm just guessing but maybe they're thinking "Why doesn't this price shopper just look at the menu on our site?!" Well,maybe. That's really the best approach with a new Op in initiating a new relationship. Then after you narrow down your choices, you an email starting with "I've looked over your dive menu" and ask whatever questions you still have.

Want to get a drink? I will buy the first one.
Sounds good. I may just have a Fresca, but we all need tacos at times. PM me when you decide where you're staying, and we can put a meet together.

I'm just guessing but maybe they're thinking "Why doesn't this price shopper just look at the menu on our site?!" Well,maybe. That's really the best approach with a new Op in initiating a new relationship. Then after you narrow down your choices, you an email starting with "I've looked over your dive menu" and ask whatever questions you still have.

HA! I did that!! Christi lists a 2019 price for five nights and four days of diving on her website (including lodging). Casa Mexicana - Blue XT~Sea Diving When I contacted her, she said I needed to provide dates for pricing. Three emails to her later, I still don't have pricing. (I also asked if the pricing provided was for reference only. No response.)

I contacted Jeremy at Living Underwater. I told him I didn't have anything finalized, but would be traveling mid to late August. He replied back that he didn't have anything booked and would let me know if he had enough to make the trip. I gave him hard dates and he told me he was full for two of the days.

I'm not sure if my reputation is preceding me, or it's just bad luck. We will see...

Edit: Christi messaged me to let me know she sent the prices, which she did.
Second Edit: I should mention that Jeremy apologized to me when I expressed my confusion/dissatisfaction.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom