August 07 goals...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I don't know about you all, but having some goals helps me keep on track and makes sure that I don't beat myself up too badly trying to achieve some fantasy perfection in a ridiculous amount of time :wink: So I thought I'd start a thead as it's a new month and time for me to refocus.

First I like to start with my tangible reward for a job well-done in July. I didn't meet all my goals, but I did make forward progress!
- buy a new pair of "nice" pants and maybe a top before my first time second shooting at a wedding on 16th August!

My August goals:
Weight/appearance
- lose 3.5kgs and/or have my current jeans be seriously too big

Movement
- do my new pilates core dvd at least twice a week
- walk 40 minutes+/day at least 4 times/week
- do the dreaded elliptical trainer sometimes (a bit vague, but that's ok :wink: )

Eating
- keep on getting lots of water and at least nine fruit/veg/day
- find a couple new ideas for dinners :)

I haven't decided what I want for a tangible reward for August, yet...probably a new lens :D

What're yours?

August goals:

Exercise
work-out 6 days a week (combination of treadmill and weights) and enjoy one day per week of relaxation as a reward.

Weight
Lose 4-8 pounds.

Food
Continue to integrate fruits and veggies into my diet

I've gotten complacent the last 2 months and have slipped into laying blame on work, fatigue, blah blah. My goal is to get back to the gym 5 days a week, weights and cardio. Watch my diet better. I don't give a crap about weight. I'll probably gain again as before. Muscle is heavier than fat.

Yep thats my goal, to gain in muscle weight. BTW Irishsquid, where is your bad day squidward avatar?

great idea!!!!

My August goals:
Weight/appearance
- loose 1kg (about 1.5/2lbs) per week
- clear up my skin as its been shocking lately (too much chocolate)

Movement
- GET MY BODY MOVING and be grateful i can do it!! i will never love exercise but i do acknowledge that i must do it to live longer and enjoy life.

Eating
- less sugars (ie, chocolate) and eat one serving of fish per week.

Reward
- FEELING BETTER about myself
- and reward myself with a new anolon pan! http://www.petersofkensington.com.au/Product/ProductInfo.aspx?id=1274467 or maybe this one; http://www.petersofkensington.com.au/Product/ProductInfo.aspx?id=1603556

I'm checking in before month's end just to make sure I'm more or less on track...how is everyone else doing?

My August goals:

Weight/appearance
- lose 3.5kgs and/or have my current jeans be seriously too big
Doing ok on this, I think. Not sure I'll make the whole amount, but I am headed in the right direction. The jean's are looser, but not falling off yet!

Movement
- do my new pilates core dvd at least twice a week
Ummmm...:shakehead:

- walk 40 minutes+/day at least 4 times/week
- check!

- do the dreaded elliptical trainer sometimes (a bit vague, but that's ok )
Done it a few times, certainly could do more.

Eating
- keep on getting lots of water and at least nine fruit/veg/day
Yup, no problem on this one.
- find a couple new ideas for dinners
Haven't found any new dinner ideas yet.

Still no idea what I want for my tangible August reward :wink:

Goals update:

My workout goals - haven't met them and won't this month. I've worked out all but 6 of the last 21 days so I'm a little behind but better than the prior month. So, I've missed 3 days of working out this month.

Weight - I'm frustrated. Stepped on the scale this morning and have gained 1.5 pounds. :( :( I know that I'm not eating more, and it's depressing seeing the scale go up instead of down with all the working out that I'm doing.

Food - I'm continuing to meet that goal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom