Aug 22-31 Live Aboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chadelkin

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Have unexpected time off from work between Fri Aug 22-Aug 31. Am looking to go on a live aboard diving trip. Live in Nashville, TN. Am open to all suggestions across the world. Will be going alone. Where would everyone suggest as your favorite live aboard diving trip if you only had to choose one? Thx in advance

You don't really have enough days to get out To Thailand or Indonesia so I suggest you look for something closer. A lot of those trips are 10 days also plus probably 2 days flying from TN.

The other issue is that this close to sailing a lot of trips will be full. 3/4 of the Explorer Ventures boats are.

However they have space on the Turks/Caicos boat which is also a really great trip, lots of sharks, deep wall diving and macro around the coral heads. Out at French Cay we saw one or more sharks on every dive over 2 days - also dozens of rays. And turtles. Generally the visibility is exceptional and now it will be really warm. With thanks to Mike Southard - more trip detail: Saudio's Trip Reports

It's a good boat, good crew and there's a lot of space. If you buy a main deck cabin space they have twin beds - not bunks - and windows. Only the 3-4 least expensive cabins a deck down have bunks/portholes but they're still ensuite. The boat is about 15 years old but built to be a dive liveaboard - not converted. One thing I liked is the covered fly bridge a deck up from the sundeck.

From TN it's probably fairly easy to get there. We flew thru Charlotte and were on Provo (Providenciales) by about 1PM. They met us and took us to a shopping area for lunch and our gear to the boat. If you need it, there's WiFi at the dock. Otherwise not much access, both West Caicos and French Cay are uninhabited.

Explorer Ventures: Adventures in Liveaboard Diving

This close to sailing I'd call Explorer Ventures and confirm the details.
Explorer Ventures Liveaboard Diving: Availability

You can also check the Aggressor/Dance Fleet conveniently here: Aggressor Fleet Reservations and Contact information

Most of the Bahamas boats are also conveniently listed here under Dive Liveaboards: Bahamas Government Portal - BDA Members

I checked Rocio Del Mar but they're sold out your week. That would've been my other suggestion since you fly into Phoenix and shuttle down.

hth,

Thank you sooo much for the information. It is greatly appreciated. I will look into the aggressor and explorer trips.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom