Aug 14 Bohol pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
fan.jpg

nudis.jpg

reef.jpg

shrimp.jpg

sponge.jpg

Philippine National Police fueling up their personal motorbikes
fueling.jpg

That shrimp shot is incredible Jim. Thanks for sharing.

Wow, basket stars everywhere. Or I guess they are baskets. If not, what are they? Cool.

Thanks for sharing the pics :) I am amazed at the reefs there and how fragile they look, yet they are still intact.

Since it seems bikes are the norm there like so many other countries, I am curious how "you" get around in the Philippines?

Thanks for sharing the pics :) I am amazed at the reefs there and how fragile they look, yet they are still intact.

Since it seems bikes are the norm there like so many other countries, I am curious how "you" get around in the Philippines?

I bought a Honda "motorbike" last January. I would be lost without it. My gf and I go everyplace here on it. It is the easiest way to get around. I NEVER ride it at night. Most of the vehicles on the road at night have no working lights. That coupled with loose dogs, people, cows, chickens, etc. make it way too dangerous for me. I got all I can do to drive it in the daylight with all the road hazards. The most common means of personally owned travel here is the motorbike. The Honda Wave 100 and Wave 125 models are everywhere. Honda seems to be the most reliable and best quality. I paid the equivalent of about $1100. US dollars for my Wave 100 (100 cc) Honda. There is a Honda plant in the Philippines in Batangas, Luzon.

I wouldn't dream of driving in big cities like Manila and Cebu. Jeepneys are cheap and Tricycle Taxis are also cheap in the smaller cities like Tagbilaran here in Bohol.

Yes, the reefs are in good shape with the exception of larger fish. They are pretty much wiped out all over the Philippines. It's called "food".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom