Auckland / Northlands Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello All,

I will be in the Auckland area in September, from the other threads it appears most of the diving is a few hours north of the city, i'm wondering if there are any dive shops / operators that run trips out of Auckland or if I'm going to need to hire a car to head north for a few day trips.

Hi, You have a few options as you head north. Diving out of Leigh you have Goat Island Dive Goat Island Dive, Snorkel Goat Island, dive courses, Dive trips, Auckland, New Zealand
Then from Tutukaka diving the Poor Knights is Dive! Tutukaka Dive Poor Knights Islands. Diving Poor Knights Islands and shipwrecks HMNZS Tui and Waikato with Dive! Tutukaka New Zealand. / Dive! Tutukaka, Poor Knights Diving,
Then I run trips in the Bay of Islands to the Canterbury wreck(as does Northland Dive) and the Rainbow Warrior. Paihia Dive, Paihia, Bay of Islands, Kerikeri, Northland, Diving in New Zealand - Paihia Dive: The Underwater Experts

I would recommend hiring a car and heading north for a couple of days. You will get much better diving getting away from Auckland. You can day trip to Tutukaka or the Bay of Islands, but thats a big day driving. I hope that helps. Cheers, Craig

Hi recyclingsheep. I'm based in auckland and unfortunately most dives are at least an hour out of town.
I'd contact Goat island dive for a good semi local dive theres a freephone number -0800348369 to contact them. They will have the boat out of the water in August but plan to have it back in by september. Another operator is Dive HQ whangaparoa.still about a 3/4 hour drive north of dauckland. They run a Rib from a few spots off of whangaparoa.
Give Mike at Dive HQ Westhaven a yell. He's about as central in auckland as you can get.He may be able to organise something for you transport wise to whangaparoa. 093073590 Someone else to talk to might be Orakei dive -www.orakeidive.co.nz 09 5242117its in central auckland and they do run dive trips and might be able to offer transport options.

In fairness though I must tell you that public transport in auckland is not the best. So you most likely are best to rent a car whilst here anyway.

If you make it up to Tutukaka, try Yukon dive charters. Dove with them a couple of month's ago and it was great. Definitely worth the drive IMHO.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom