ATX200 second stage with TX100 first stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SK Low

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am wondering how does the Apeks ATX200 second stage coupled with the TX100 first stage perform? I head that John Benett uses this combination for his world record 1000ft dive.

I am also interested to find out the price of this combination. I am interested to buy this from the internet.

Thanks in advance.

AFAIK the TX100/ATX100/ATX200 first stages have the same IP (9-10 bar is specified on the regulator), so mixing and matching the different stages won't be a problem. Getting them individually however (even online) might be - generally these two regulators are only sold as a set.

The TX100 and ATX200 first stages are basically the same regulator, with different orientation on the first stage - not sure why you wouldn't just pick on or the other.

I thought that Apeks was selling components separately this year, their catalog makes it look that way. What is your reason for putting together a set like that? Gonna use it on that 1100 ft. record attempt??:D :D

Hi,

I have no intention of going 1000ft, but just out of pure curiosity. I am thinking of switching from my Poseidon Jetstream to this rig. There must be some logic behind this ATX200/TX100 combination. I just want to know more. Why didn't John Benett use a pure ATX200 setup or a pure TX100 setup? Any idea?

Rgds,
SK

The ATX 200 works great. I didn't try the 100. The diff between the ATX & TX is 2nd stage size, the ATX is smaller. The first stages are really similar to each other. I don't think the 100 is available in the US this year because it is so close in design to the 200. If you find a good deal on a 100, go for it, if not, get a 200, you'll be happy with either one.

I currently use the ATX 200 1st stages matched up to the TX 100 second stages and they work great. I had the TX 100 1st and 2nd, while my buddy had ATX 200 1st and 2nd. No noticeable difference in breathing between the two. We swapped first stages strictly because of the size of our heads. I have a small one and he has a large one. (And yes I know where your mind is going, but i am referring to the ones connected to our shoulders lol). With his doubles and the 200's aiming in he kept bumpping his head durring valve drills, where as I can fit my head between them. So we switched 1st stages. I like the TX 2nd stages because the exhaust rest right on my chin and dispersses the bubbles away from my face nicely. He liked his smaller 200 2nd 's so that is how we ended up with mis matched sets. Would I pay to get them that way?..absolutely not. Both function the same. All was well right up until someone broke into his truck and stole a bunch of stuff including those regs. I hope this helps.

Scrappy:D

Pretty long time for me to thread but if your still wondering...been using apeks for years, 100's and 200's 1st stage are excatly the same inside the difference is the way it looks outside.... tx or atx 100 has a better hose configuration for doubles

Oops, just realised that this is a "revived" thread. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom