Attn AZ Divers, Need Buddy for catalina trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tonyc

Contributor
Reaction score
Over on the SoCal board mo2viation is organizing a dive trip to the dive park on Catalina island Sat. 1/3. I really want to go and am looking for a buddy to join me. I've been diving some with fishkiller and sent him an EMail, but haven't heard back yet. Since time is pressing, I thought I'd send out this message. What a great way to meet some of our fellow scubaboarders in person.

http://www.scubaboard.com/t43293.html

Plan is to take the ferry over on 1/3 around 08:30 and head back that evening. I think we'll probably need to get a hotel Friday night and maybe Sunday. I'm planning on getting off work Friday.

Let me know if you'd like to join in on the fun!

Tony.

Tony,

I know this is way late but if you are interested in diving around SoCal & Catalina there is a great dive group led by Rich at www.southcoastdivers.com.

As well, I travel to Cali for work a few times a year & have dove with Ken Mo2vation and he is a great guy who knows Catalina well. I usually post in SoCal when I'm headed that way looking for buddies and always do quite well.

Now, why did I respond to an AZ dive question? I'm missing AZ, of course. Grew up in the valley & Mom lives up north of Fort McDowell now so I get home 1 or 2 times a year. I got my cert at NAU but have never dove in AZ - might just have to look into it on my next trip home.

Regards,
DivegirlFL

Thanks for the link. Everyone I have met from the socal group has been great... Great buddies too- very safety conscious, and they have a wealth of knowledge that I just hope rubbed off some on me. It's not so much finding a dive buddy, but rather someone willing to split the cost of gas for the trip over (Or just to keep me company so I don't go into a trance staring at those windmill power thingies that you have to drive through 3/4 of the way there)! If you are ever in AZ and want to dive some of the lakes let me know!!

Tony.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom