Attack Of The Free Swimming Scallops ! ! !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eastwest

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
In memory of Otto Gasser and the marine bivalve mollusks in the taxonomic family Pectinidae . In the late summer of 2025 I made a dive on my new tow craft of mine . My brother in law was driving the boat on the ten fathom curve and was looking for the legendary field of free swimming scallops . The tip of the Hermosa Beach scallop spot came from Otto Gasser . The best areas are in front of or just north of the Manhattan Pier in about 75 feet of water . There are a number of low lying hardpan rock areas in this mid range depth . Low and behold I found the spot , the legendary field of free swimming scallops ! I signalled above to stop the craft and was about to fill bags and bags of huge dinner plate size scallops . Then the unthinkable happened the free swimming scallops started attacking me ! You came to desecrate this sacred place of Mullusk Heaven ! I was getting hit hard left and right so I signalled above to tow me the hell out of here . The lesson learned respect mother nature and mankind to live another day for the adventure of mine . Have a nice day . Rumdumb

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom