Attaching Vid Cam to DPV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ProfessorAronnax

Contributor
Reaction score
What's the best method for rigging a small cam(like Sea & Sea) to a DPV for very amateur movies? Not going for perfection here-just something fairly simple. This is going to be rigged on a Sea-Doo Explorer.

Thanks

I know a few folks have attached cams on the nose cone of their scooters before the "swivel" mounting hardware came out ($$$). That being said, Gavins, SS, etc all had blunt noses which made it easier to attach cams at the front. The sloped nose of the Sea Doo probably doesn't make it too easy? Maybe a flat strap with a small tripod screw cut into the web held tight against the hull???

Before all this came out I used to tuck the video camera into some slipstream and just "pointed and shot" when I stopped driving the scooter. It was pain. I also use a CSI X Scooter. It works, but the image is very grainy in low light without additional video lighting. The funny thing is that I still use the same method I did years ago for good shots.

X

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom